Art

Select A New Fine Arts
Contact:
Mr.Overton Phone Icon 770-651-2500 Email Icon Email

Mason Creeek Fine Arts

Art Main Page Image

Mason Creek Middle School Art

 

 

Dear Parents,

 

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about the art course that your child will be taking during this nine-week period.  I am excited about teaching your child and watching the artistic growth that will occur!  Please take time to ask your child to see his or her completed projects. Ask them to discuss their work with you. Your child should be able to tell you interesting information about the history of a particular technique or style of art, the process involved in creating it, and how to critique his or her own work.

 

   I feel it is important that all students know what is expected of them and that they are accountable for their conduct in the classroom.  The ART rules will ensure that class will run smoothly and safely every day.  I will go over these rules with your child and discuss them thoroughly. 

 

The purpose of the art class is to expose the student to a variety of materials and styles of art and have them create their own works of art, which are inspired by a particular idea, technique, or subject matter.  Students will be evaluated based on their own capabilities and willingness to do their best work always.  Grading for this course is based on a system of 70% for projects.  The remaining 30% is based on warm ups, homework, participation, daily work, listening and cleaning up.  It is the student's responsibility to make up work missed when they are absent. 

 

I look forward to working with your child and hope that this will be a very positive, challenging and rewarding class for them.  Please take a few minutes to look over the rules for the class with your child.  Please sign and return the rules/expectations sheet.

 

Sincerely,

 

Darrin Overton

Art Teacher